Install ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS on a client workstation (6.x)
ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) users: Perform these steps in ERA
Windows users: Click to view manual installation instructions
Click the appropriate link below to download the ESET Endpoint Security or ESET Endpoint Antivirus installer file:
The install package will appear in your Downloads folder or the default folder set by your browser. Double-click the installer file to open it.
- Double-click Install ESET Endpoint Security. When prompted, click Continue to launch the Installation Wizard.
- Remove any existing security applications such as antivirus, antisypware or firewall from your computer if you have not done so already. Click Continue if no other security applications are installed.
- Review the system requirements and click Continue.
- Read the ESET Software License Agreement and click Continue → Agree if you agree.
- Select Typical installation mode (select Custom if you want to configure your own settings) and click Continue.
- In the ESET LiveGrid window, select your preferred option and click Continue. If you decide later that you would like to change this setting, you will be able to do so using LiveGrid setup.
- In the Potentially Unwanted Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Continue. If you decide later that you would like to change this setting, you will be able to do so using Advanced setup.
- Click Install. If you are prompted to enter your macOS password, enter it and click Install Software.
After the first installation on macOS 10.13 and later, you will receive System Extension Blocked system notification and Your computer is not protected notification from your ESET product.
- Click Open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon in the lower left to allow changes to be made.
- Click Allow next to System software from developer "ESET, spol. s.r.o." was blocked from loading.
- Click Restart.
After the first installation on macOS 10.14, you need to allow your ESET product to access to user protected data in order to receive a full protection.
Allow your ESET product access to user protected data on your mac
- From the Apple menu, click System Preference → Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Select the Full Disk Access option.
- Click the Lock icon so that you can make changes.
- Drag and drop the ESET application icon into the Allow list or click the + icon and select your ESET application.
- Your computer will display a notification to restart your computer. Click Later. Do not restart your computer in this step.
- Restart your ESET product manually or reset your computer.
- ESET Endpoint Security for macOS only: The New network connection detected window will appear. Select Home or Work from the drop-down menu if you are performing this installation in an office or home setting on a secure network. We recommend that you select the check box next to Remember network so that you do not have to configure settings for this network each time you restart your computer. Only select Public if you are traveling with your client computer and ESET Endpoint Security detects a new network in a public environment. Click OK when you are done making changes.